USANA Visionex DS
- An antioxidant formula designed to help support healthy eyes
- Reduces the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- Powerful eye antioxidants that support eye health.
Protect Your Eyes With Visionex
They say that hindsight is 20/20. But when it comes to your eye health, the last thing you want is to be looking back with regret because you didn’t take care of them better.
Whether it’s pollution in the air to harmful UV rays, your eyes are exposed and vulnerable upon opening them each morning. That is why you need to protect your eyes from everything that mother nature throws at them.
USANA Visionex is an innovative product from the global leader in wellness and nutrition, USANA Health Sciences. It is also the answer you are looking for to ensure your eyes are healthy and protected when you need them to be.
It uses the science of nutrient-rich ingredients to keep your eyes resilient as they are exposed to harmful external factors in your day to day life.
The Amazing Benefits of Visionex
The nutrients and antioxidants that make up the ingredients of Visionex provide your eyes and other aspects of your health with some pretty incredible benefits:
- Long-term defense against harmful free-radicals to improve overall eye health.
- Protect against stressful blue-light that can cause vision impairment.
- Improved brain function by way of neural support and antioxidant absorption
- Improved skin health from improved collagen and surface lipid production.
Understanding the Eyes and the Risk Factors
To better comprehend how these benefits are obtained from USANA Visionex, it’s important to understand the inner workings of your eyes as well as the impact caused by harmful factors.
Whether you’re looking at someone standing right in front of you, or focusing on something in the distance, what your eyes are actually seeing is light.
It’s your brain that tells your eyes exactly what that combination of light is, and this is the key that unlocks the door to everything we see around us.
Your eyes are constantly working even when you’re barely paying attention to the world around you.
As a matter of fact, the majority of your body’s sensory receptors are found in your eyes. 70% of them, to be exact.
The retina and macula do the initial processing of what your eyes see. They send signals throughout the optic nerves and are delivered to a part of your brain in the back of your head called the primary visual cortex. This is where the light is transformed into the images that we see all around us.
The risk factors that contribute to eye-damage are all around us and the following are just a few examples:
- UV Rays (both natural and artificial, i.e. tanning beds)
- Exposure to light emitted from screens such as computers, smartphones, and TV.
- Oxidants that typically occur as a result of your eyes’ high metabolic rate.
- Decline in eye health due to the aging process.
While all of these factors prove to be detrimental to your eye health, the UV rays from the sun are the most concerning. Overexposure to these harmful rays can hurt your eyes, much the same way they can wreak havoc on your skin health.
Yet here is where we find ourselves in a curious predicament. Your eyes must allow light to enter so your brain can analyze this light and deliver an image for you to see.
However, your eyes also have to reduce the amount of light to healthy levels to ensure they don’t get damaged. And this is where the human body proves that it is truly a working miracle.
Our eyes accumulate and utilize certain nutrients that keep them healthy, and the team at USANA Health Sciences took that into account when developing Visionex.
The Eye-Boosting Ingredients of USANA Visionex
USANA uses the science of nutrition when choosing the ingredients that go into their industry-leading products.
Visionex is no exception to this rule, as you will see from the extensive list of nutrients it contains.
- Vitamin C: This essential nutrient is not produced by your body, therefore you must obtain it through your diet, as well as an optimal supplement such as USANA Visionex. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in improving many aspects of your health, however, it is found in very high concentrations in your retinas.
- Zinc: Much like vitamin C, Zinc also accumulates in the eye at high concentrations, while also playing a vital role in maintaining optimal health throughout the rest of your body. Zinc works to transport vitamin A to the retina and low levels of Zinc have been associated with poor vision at night.
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin: These two compounds are called “carotenoids”, which are a type of phytonutrient found in many plants and healthy algae. Spoiler alert, they’re really good for you and your eye health. Lutein & Zeaxanthin act as antioxidants that settle in a part of the retina called the macula. They work to stop free radicals in their tracks thereby reducing levels of oxidative stress. And if this wasn’t enough to impress you, they also act as a blue light filter, which ultimately boosts overall eye-health.
- Bilberry Extract: Although this compound is not very well known, the team USANA was not about to let its powerful antioxidant benefits fly under the radar. Bilberry aids in supporting healthy capillaries throughout the entire body and yes, in your eyes as well. The importance of this paramount, since it is these same capillaries that are responsible for transporting nutrients to your eyes.
Let’s not forget that while USANA Visionex is primarily an ocular support supplement, it promotes excellent skin and cerebral health as well. The carotenoids, Lutein & Zeaxanthin, play an important role in the optimal performance of many brain functions.
These antioxidants also improve your skin’s surface lipid production, which in turn gives your skin a healthier appearance. It also keeps your skin protected from those same harmful factors that your eyes are exposed to in your daily life.
Ensuring your eyes are healthy and protected is something you should never put off until it is too late. Visionex by USANA Health Sciences delivers the nutrients and antioxidants your eyes depend on to stay strong all day, every day.
Protect Your Eyes so you can enjoy what the world has to offer.
Note: Dosage is different from country to country however the active ingredients in this product are the same and is spread over the course of the day.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
USANA Products are Manufactured at Health Sciences Inc. Salt Lake City. UT